Spaghetti & MeatballsOverview
Preparation 15 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
- 500g Italian sausages
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Gravox Traditional gravy powder
- 400g spaghetti
- Basil leaves and grated Parmesan to serve
Made With Gravox
- Pre-heat oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Squeeze meat from the sausage casings, discard casings. Roll into small balls, 2 tsp size. Spread meatballs in a single layer on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- While the meatballs are baking, place the tomato passata and chicken stock and Gravox Traditional gravy powder in a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk to combine. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Remove the meatballs from the oven and drain off excess fat. Add the meatballs to the sauce and leave to simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the sauce thicken.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, drain.
- Divide spaghetti among plates, top with some meatballs and sauce, serve with basil and Parmesan.